Old September 21st 06, 08:24 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated
beeswing

Default Trick-or-treating -- how old is too old?

Beth Kevles wrote:
Hi --

In our neighborhood, kids go even into high school. However, they stop
asking for candy and instead tote a Unicef box at some point. (They
take the candy if offered :-)

I honestly think that if she wants to go, she should go. Once she's
embarassed about going, she'll stop. Or she'll find an excuse that has
her looking mature but lets her go around the neighborhood anyway (such
as collecting for Unicef or chaperoning some younger kid(s).)

My two cents,
--Beth Kevles

Thanks, Beth. I've decided to let her go this year, but leave it on the
table whether or not she will next year. I appreciate all the advice
I've gotten here -- and so does my daughter!

beeswing