Old September 21st 06, 08:35 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated
beeswing

Default Trick-or-treating -- how old is too old?

Banty wrote:

What defines "too old"?

I don't know. That's why I asked the question.

Since in my area I see teens trick or treating all the
time, I'd say she's not too old yet. The teens do some of the cutest getups.
They tend to knock later than the younger set - something around nine o'clock.
It's clearly a social thing for them.

I guess part of what bothers me is that when I lived alone, I simply
wouldn't open my door that late. Didn't want to deal with the teens,
myself.

Last year when he was 13, my son went. I lent him my cell phone for him to call
in.

Good idea. I'll have her pack the (pay as you go) cell phone we just
got her.

I recall trick or treating at 12 - I went around dressed in black with my black
cat on my shoulder. It was a hit.

I bet it was. It sounds great.

Banty

Thanks, Banty!