Old October 17th 07, 06:16 PM posted to misc.kids
Banty

Default Naughty mom (or dad) behavior

In article 79d5574a04726@uwe, Illiana via FamilyKB.com says...

Ignoramus27577 wrote:
that I told him he could not have. It was so loud that I scared myself.
Another time a bully was picking on my child, and I told him to haul off an
knock the **** out of the bully next time he pushed him. It got my kid
suspended, but he no longer has a bully problem.

Just curious, how long was he suspended?

The Vice Principal suspended him for 3 days, so I took him to a baseball game
at the staduim. I didn't feel the need to punish him, because if the school
had stepped in the first 12 times I complained, I wouldn't have had to tell
my son to take up for himself.

The bully's mom came to my house to tell me how my son was violent. I told
her if she didn't want to
find out where he get's it from she better leave my door step.

Y'Hellloooo!? I was inclined to be 'on your side' (as my son went through this,
to a lesser extent, including a day's suspension) until I saw this. That's
called - a threat. What bullies do. What well grounded adults - don't do.

I don't care if it's an insult. "Consider the source", as they say. You don't
respond with a threat. Sticks and stones.

I also
informed her that if she was any type of mother, she would have been here way
before my boy had to defend himself. She was only here now because my son got
the best of hers.

My experience is also that most usually the apple hasn't fallen far from the
tree, and the only feasible approach is to teach kids how to deal with bullying,
including, as necessary, and only as necessary, physical action, taking the
school actions as a cost of the business, so to speak.

But, as an adult, you should have the maturity to deal with it without that sort
of thing, partly because you have the *options* at hand not to have to do that
sort of thing (you could have simply excused said mom from your property, for
example), and access to the force of the law if needed as a last resort.

But to threaten and become a bully yourself? That dog don't hunt. Makes me
wonder what your son *has* learned from you, and what the real story really is.

Banty