Old October 18th 07, 02:20 PM posted to misc.kids
Banty

Default Naughty mom (or dad) behavior

In article 79df47bbeb333@uwe, Illiana via FamilyKB.com says...

Banty wrote:
that I told him he could not have. It was so loud that I scared myself.
Another time a bully was picking on my child, and I told him to haul off an

[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]
her if she didn't want to
find out where he get's it from she better leave my door step.

Y'Hellloooo!? I was inclined to be 'on your side' (as my son went through this,
to a lesser extent, including a day's suspension) until I saw this. That's
called - a threat. What bullies do. What well grounded adults - don't do.

I don't care if it's an insult. "Consider the source", as they say. You don't
respond with a threat. Sticks and stones.

I also
informed her that if she was any type of mother, she would have been here way
before my boy had to defend himself. She was only here now because my son got
the best of hers.

My experience is also that most usually the apple hasn't fallen far from the
tree, and the only feasible approach is to teach kids how to deal with bullying,
including, as necessary, and only as necessary, physical action, taking the
school actions as a cost of the business, so to speak.

But, as an adult, you should have the maturity to deal with it without that sort
of thing, partly because you have the *options* at hand not to have to do that
sort of thing (you could have simply excused said mom from your property, for
example), and access to the force of the law if needed as a last resort.

But to threaten and become a bully yourself? That dog don't hunt. Makes me
wonder what your son *has* learned from you, and what the real story really is.

Banty

She should have been an adult and not come to my house AFTER her kid got what
he was dishing out. If you are the type of person to stand by while some
crazy hag, who can't or won't controll her son who is twice your sons size
stand there and tell you you are wrong for letting your kid defend himself,
that's on you.

'On me' exactly how? Not to be a tough guy (or tough chickie)?? Where would
being a tough chick get me?? Other than to be a really bad example to my boy as
to how to handle things, and a fact of my having threatened a person with
physical harm should things ever get to the point of someone going to the law?

So WHAT if some crazy hag comes yelling at me stupidly?? If necessary, I can
call the law to help evict her from my property. I needn't lift a finger - her
standing there being a crazy person for all to see is plenty enough
entertainment. Sticks and stones. All I need to do is firmly tell her we won't
put up with it.

In case you missed my message, what's 'on you' is that clearly you're inclined
to threaten and bully yourself, which tells me something about how most likely
*your* apples haven't fallen far from the tree.

Banty