Old March 30th 11, 04:38 AM
Dennis and kids Dennis and kids is offline
Banned

Location: San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welches View Post
I thought I'd try and generate a debate or two as this group seems to have gone fairly quiet barring the spam.
I'm going to raise a couple of senarios, that I've been in as a child or a
parent or a friend. This one is about pocket money...

Which do you think
is fairer, or have you an alternative (not giving pocket money at all
doesn't count!!!)
Debbie
I try to tie pocket money to allowance or good grades. I mean, younger kids (up to age 10) aren't usually around places they need pocket money, unless with adults. They're usually in school during the week.
I give my kids allowance (not too much) and have them break it down into several savings jars. Play, giving, big purchases. It builds a discipline of saving and budgeting early in their life.