Old June 30th 03, 11:42 AM
Leah Adezio

Default Chicken pox

"==Daye==" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 16:38:17 EDT, "CBI"
wrote:

"Christine" wrote in message
. com...

So I have this theory that if you don't get a very strong case of it,
you may get it again. Just *my* theory.

It's a pretty good one.

Actually I think the opposite way. If you have a light case, you
obviously have some natural immunity to it. Because there is a
natural immunity, your breakout would be a lot less than other
people's. If you are exposed again, your natural immunity + the
fact that you had the pox would make it so it didn't have a
chance.

Everyone I have ever known to get it more than once had a HORRID
case of the pox the first go around.

FWIW, when OS was a toddler, he had a *very* mild case of chicken pox -- I
don't think he had more than five tiny blisters on his body (and the
pediatrician confirmed that they were indeed chicken pox).

When he was 9, he got a *horrid* full blown case -- blisters in his hair, in
his mouth, near his genitals....he was miserable for over a week. YS got
them two weeks later and his were bad, too.

Leah

==Daye==
E-mail: brendana AT labyrinth DOT net DOT au