Old April 12th 04, 07:06 PM
dragonlady

Default Homework over spring break (long)

In article ,
(Robyn Kozierok) wrote:

In article ,
animzmirot wrote:

Well, not respecting that this week was Passover, and that several of the
days were days when a Jewish child could not use the internet would set me
off, but that's just my issue. The fact that the teacher didn't even
consider this would set off my alarm bells, though.

What kind of alarm bells? I'd certainly chalk something like that up
to ignorance rather than malice.

Or even just thoughtlessness.

I'm on a committee that inadvertently scheduled a meeting for the first
night of Passover. We DO know better -- at least one of the people who
was in the room when we did the scheduling was Jewish -- somehow we just
missed it. (We rescheduled it once we DID figure it out -- and I like
to think that I'd have somehow caught the mistake eventually, myself,
though I don't celebrate Passover -- but someone did have to draw our
attention to our goof.)

meh