Old June 2nd 04, 05:13 AM
beeswing

Default TV choices and tweens

Kathi wrote:

With my just turned 11yo I still monitor her viewing....and wont allow
certain
shows on in the house(Pokemon is one of them btw)
I fully realize she is exposed to some of this at friends houses etc, but
these
are house rules. In spite of much pleading etc from her brothers(just turned
5, and just turned 7)....certain shows are off limits. Period.
Now, the 17yo girl...that's pretty much a losing battle(or shall i say--pick
your battles!!!) She makes her own tv choices...but if in the same room as
her
Hope that helps........I know it didnt really answer your question about new
lines in the sand...I go by gut feeling....and thus far have done ok with it!

Actually, it helps a lot. It's nice to know there is an 11-year-old out there
who isn't watching Pokemon! To listen to my daughter, you'd think she was the
only one ever in the entire universe with parents that won't let her watch it
(cruel ogres that we are!). (She's seen it a few times at a friend's house, as
your daughter has, but that's about it.)

What age was your oldest girl when she took over making her own TV choices?

Thanks!

beeswing