Old April 1st 04, 03:31 AM
Naomi Rivkis

Default Question: regaining lost milk supply?

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 02:14:51 GMT, "Dagny" wrote:

I read about this somewhere -- I read that they can appear to be ravenous
but really it's that the bottle nipple just keeps dumping liquid into their
mouths, and they have to swallow it or choke, and then they fall asleep from
exhaustion!

I *wish* she'd fall asleep! She sleeps relatively little for a
five-week-old. My pediatrician says it's a sign of a smart baby, that
she's so alert, but it's driving us nuts. I do think she's honestly
hungry as much of the time as she acts like, because it isn't just
that she keeps swallowing -- it's that she cries when it's taken away
from her, and that she latches on enthusiastically to a breast or a
finger or a pacifier or something else that doesn't have milk in it
(after she'd finished whatever I have in my breasts at the time) and
then after a minute of ro of vigorous sucking spits it out with an
outraged howl and looks around for something else. You can almost hear
her saying "Hey!! Gimme one with milk in it, dammit! What do I have to
do to get service around here?!?"

Naomi