Old November 18th 03, 07:02 PM
LFortier

Default Character of a growing girl (middle school question)

beeswing wrote:

My daughter is almost 9, and she's an only. My only experience with "middle
school" is having gone to public junior high myself. And I remember those years
as being fairly miserable, though it wasn't all attributable to school-related
issues. I'd like my daughter to have a better experience than I did.

beeswing

My oldest will be off to middle school next year, but 5th
grade has already been challenging. I'm not sure that
private school would make the social stuff any better -
around here private schools that aren't religious have a
heavy concentration of such well to do kids that I suspect
you might be trading in one set of issues for another.

I spent years saying how glad I was I didn't have to relive
the teen years until it finally dawned on me that a parent
relives them through children.

Lesley