Old November 28th 07, 04:16 PM posted to misc.kids
toypup

Default My kid hates going to school!

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 06:18:21 -0800 (PST), Beliavsky wrote:

On Nov 28, 8:59 am, "Citcom" wrote:
"joni" wrote in message

(so homeschooling would not be in his best interests at this time).

joanne

Since homeschooling does not mean never interacting with his peers I
wouldn't dismiss it completely.

I have lurked on some homeschooling forums and noticed that
homeschoolers tend to have lots of kids. The median seems to be 3. I
don't think kids need to interact primarily with kids within one year
of their age -- siblings a few years apart can serve just as well. I'm
not intending to homeschool, but with kids of age 1, 2.5, and 4.5, I
would not worry about "peer groups" if I did.

I think the dynamics between siblings is much different from that with
other kids. It does help when kids have siblings, but it's just not the
same.

There are also such situations such as dealing with new kids, kids they
don't like, choosing which kids to make friends with, how to handle group
dynamics, politics, etc. Those situations can't be duplicated at home.