Old March 31st 05, 02:09 AM

bookers wrote:

Good luck with everything and I have found that filling the basin

in the
bathroom with hot water and putting a few spoons of vicks into the

water and
putting a towle over my head and inhaling the hot vicks water has

helped me
to sleep easier and clears your nose amazingly well.

Not that I recommend what I'm about to describe, but your post brought
it to mind. When my grandma used to feel a cold coming on, she would
eat a spoonfull of Vicks. I can't even imagine what it must taste
like, much less feel like going down, but she very rarely had colds!

Don't try this at home. I have no idea what the recommended daily
allowance of petroleum jelly is!

Amy