Old April 14th 10, 03:50 AM posted to alt.support.autism,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med
Mike[_8_]

Default mumps

dr_jeff wrote:
john wrote:
Mumps in this country, in the U.S. the CDC did a study. When Maurice
Hillerman went from Merck, the head of vaccines at Merck went to the
CDC… I have a mumps vaccine; I would like you to use it. They did a
study and they said there is no need. Mumps is a trivial disease in
children; we do not need this vaccine. Exactly the same happened in
the UK. The Department of Health, the Medicines Control Agency, the
regulators in the UK said, this is a trivial disease in children. We
do not need a mumps vaccine. But it got in. ....So you have
effectively taken a trivial disease and by vaccinating, you have
turned it into a more dangerous disease. Now, they are in a real mess.
They are in a real mess because one dose of MMR doesn't prevent it.
Two doses of MMR don't prevent it; three doses. You are creating a
population that is dependent upon reboosting with vaccines for the
rest of their lives to avoid this complication, a man-made
complication.....There was incompetence. They were incompetent. They
were so zealous. So urgently needed to get this vaccine into the
market that they ignored the potential problems and now we have a big,
big problem. Mumps vaccine is a dangerous vaccine. It does not work.
[2010 April] Dr. Mercola Interviews Dr. Andrew Wakefield

Dr. Mercola and Dr. Wakefield? Two quacks.

You have the wrong newsgroup. THis is sci.med. Wakefield and Mercola
have nothing to do with either science or medicine. Both are quacks.

They are absolutely right. Mumps vaccine brought outbreaks
among adults - on college campuses, for the first time in human
history. The patients were vaccinated, even twice.

Mumps is more dangerous for adults. Only post-puberty males can
develop mumps orchitis.

So the slogan is: vaccinate your boy against mumps,
give orchitis a chance.

The same story is unfolding now with chickenpox. First there were
outbreaks in high school, now when chickenpox vax generation reached
college we see it on campuses.