Old September 13th 08, 05:21 PM posted to misc.kids
Irrational Number

Default neighbor DID call CPS on us - long rant

Banty wrote:
In article , Irrational Number
says...

Well, following that, I talked to all the
other neighbors, determined that no one was
concerned with noise except J,

Well, when people are put on the spot like that they often don't want to bring
up their concerns...

Actually, these neighbors are people I know
and one of them is very good about telling
me things I ought to know, like if the nanny
is doing something good or bad. And the
other neighbors did tell me about their
safety concerns, that they could not hear
screaming, but they could hear my piano playing
and hope I do more of it.

J called CPS about Pillbug crossing the
street. CPS decided there was not sufficient
evidence for an investigation, so they referred
us to some community counseling support blah
blah blah place. (By the way, when I told this
counseling place that my Pillbug was autistic,
he told me to go to The First 5 Years, whom I
had called FOUR years ago and they told me they
could do nothing for me.) Useless. Absolutely
useless.

Think if it as "useless" = "CPS decided you're fine".

Sorry, I meant "useless" as in these counseling
agencies are useless - they give me referrals
that can't help me.

I just cannot believe that after our discussion,
after J's wife kept telling me that she had been
a teacher for 30 years, that she tossed water
in her son's face at 2yo to stop his tantrums
(sheesh, a 2yo's tantrumming for show is so
different from an autistic child's frustration
at being unable to communicate - I am not about
to stop Pillbug from attempting to communicate!),
after I implemented every one of their suggestions,
that they still called CPS.

I will talk to J again. I'm not sure what I want
to say to him. I'm going to wait a week so that
I'm calm when I do.

Why on earth talk to that neighbor again???

You're right... I kind of had the thought that I
wanted to "break up" formally. J have been giving
us the "fade" (to use a relationship term) - he
went from being friendly and talking about anything
and everything to NEVER making eye contact anymore.
It's as if we do not exist.

But, good grief, why on earth are you even thinking about talking to that
neighbor again? What do you owe them?? What do you hope to accomplish??

Newsflash: People don't talk to all their neighbors. It's one way of getting
along - detente. No talk, no arguments, no hassle. You can rant here - we can
be the people you talk to.

As for them, no reason to even be neighborly - you don't even have to call if
you see a breaking in over there. Just pretend it's an empty house. ;-)

Since they are pretending we are not here, I suppose
it's fine to pretend they are not there!

-- Anita --