Old August 24th 06, 02:26 PM posted to misc.kids,alt.mothers
[email protected]

Default How Dangerous is Childhood

How Dangerous Is Childhood?
NICOLE NEAL

-- The death of trust. As children have been trained to look out for
menacing strangers, adults have learned to fear false accusations.
The fallout: teachers cautioned to never touch a child, Scout troops
unable to find male leaders, and men who must think twice before
interacting with any child who isn't his own.

This is something we don't hear enough about. That is, how exactly are
adults to balance the need to protect kids - since most molesters are
not strangers - with the undeniable need to teach kids to be respectful
and obedient, even to those teachers they hate and consider to be
generally unfair, since kids very often can't understand
teachers'/adults' rules anyway?

I'd love to know if any conservative child experts have addressed this
in detail. Certainly, Dr. John Rosemond hasn't, SFAIK - and I'd
certainly think a smart man like him could. Especially since he has no
outdated qualms (unlike Dr. Laura) about putting a four-year-old in an
after-school program so Mommy can work outside the home. (DL was
furious when he said that, in July 2000.)

Lenona.