Old October 3rd 03, 12:21 AM
ColoradoSkiBum

Default military schools?

: I agree. Military school used to be my favorite threat (although only a
joke!),
: but now my oldest (14) has been talking about attending one for his
junior and
: senior years of HS. He has some fairly serious behavioural issues, so the
: biggest reason he wants to go to military school is for the structure. He
needs
: to have his entire day structured pretty strictly and that's not something
that
: can be done very well here with 3 other kids.

That's pretty interesting that he has decided that all on his own. I had a
student when I taught in Missouri, as a freshman, the kid was just
awful--very smart, very nice one-on-one, but would absolutely ruin any
classroom he was in due to his behavior. Then one day he disappeared--went
to Colorado to live with his dad and go to military school. He came back to
visit a couple years later, a totally different kid: Polite, well mannered,
and he said right out that that was exactly what he needed.
--
ColoradoSkiBum