Old December 8th 06, 11:38 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
concerned

Default Cephalohematoma, is this something to worry about?

I asked several nurses in the hospital and also our brand new
pediatrician about a soft squishy area on my newbord daughter's head.
They all assured me that it is a Cephalohematoma and nothing to worry
about. I asked again at the 5 day checkup at the pediatrican's office
and again 'it will go away'. She is 11 days old now and the puffy area
seems to have gotten larger.(or maybe I'm just obsessing over it making
it look larger to me??) I don't know if i'm worrying over nothing or if I
need to take her to the hospital to get checked out before next week's
pediatrician appointment in 5 days.

Anybody have any experience with these? The puffyest part is just off
to the right of the crown of the head(towards the top/back) and
circumference about the size of a silver dollar.