Old August 16th 03, 02:44 AM
Andrea

Default How to deal with fears?

I told them to blow the monsters away. Then we all blew really
hard. Since then we've decided that monsters have lots of hair, like on
sesame street, and when we blow it messes up their hair. That's why they
don't like it and go away. Now we just make up silly stories about all the
silly monsters and they know they have the "power" to get rid of them
whenever they want by blowing. It worked for us. That's what my
sleep-deprived brain came up with anyway. ;-)

That's a great idea! You're right, that does empower them. I'll try it
tomorrow and see if it works for Madison (fingers crossed).

Andrea
twin girls-Jordan & Madison
3 yrs. old