Old September 20th 06, 02:57 PM posted to misc.headlines,misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine
JohnDoe

Default Hallelujah! Abraham Cherrix is improving

PeterB wrote:

Mark Probert wrote:

PeterB wrote:

Mark Probert wrote:

JohnDoe wrote:

vakker wrote:

If Abraham Cherrix becomes completely well what will all the naysayers do
and say? How will they try to make it insignificant? I wonder how Moran will
try to poo poo poo it away? Spontaneous remission? The chemo kicked in?
Wrong diagnosis to begin with? A miracle? Peter, how is this kid getting
better?

Easy - read this:
http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/20...x_its_over.php

He's not getting a magic potion this time, but treatment that could
actually work, although it's not the recommended optimal treatment. And
odd enough, it's a treatment that has serious side effects. I can
imagine why the Cherrix family doesn't want to comment on that - first
they go to court because Abraham doesn't want treatment with serious
side effects and then they go for treatment with serious side effect.
Basically, they wasted everybody's time, mostly Abraham's, and I think
they know it.

Excellent points by Orac. If Abraham survives, as all hope he does, I
know that the AltNuts will claim it was due to the HOAXsey treatment,
when, actually, Abraham is likely receiving radiation and the
immunotherapy that Orac describes.

One patient's experience can't prove the efficacy of treatment, but in
the end, host immunity is the only way to survive cancer.

Another avenue for a vaccine....

Vaccine is inferior to natural immune support, which depends mostly on
proper nutrition.

It may well

be that his latest improvement was triggered by an absence of stress
(ie., the physical and mental stress of chemotherapy.)

Sure.

Since stress can cause disease, taking it away can reverse it.

Lemme try and follow this 'logic': "since smoking can cause lung cancer,
quitting smoking can reverse lung cancer".
Shouldn't PeterB get an Ignobel award for these things?

Almost all disease is the product of a stressor.

PeterB