Old August 9th 03, 05:19 AM
P. Tierney

Default Is this racist?

Wendy Marsden wrote:

I'm driving behind a white GMC Jimmy SUV and it has exactly one bumper
sticker on it that says, "I hunt black and tans". I'm looking at this
with my mouth open thinking they MUST be talking about dogs, they
can't really be talking about lynching, can they?

I'd do a double-take myself, so I don't blame you at all for being
sensitive about it. But, your interpretation would likely only be
correct if it said "blacks" instead of "black", semantically speaking.
I'm not sure what "black and tans" are, though.

P.
Tierney