Old October 16th 03, 06:39 AM

Default DNA result question

When a man has a DNA test done to establish or disprove paternaty, does a
copy of his DNA pattern get entered into a national database of any type?
The reason I ask is, I went though a paternaty test and when I recieved the
results of the test, there was a paragraph that explained that my DNA
profile was compared to that of a random male of the same race "on file".
To me, this means that without my concent, my dna profile was infact put
into some type of national database. Is this legal? If it is on a nat'l
database, can it be removed?