Old February 11th 06, 04:40 PM posted to misc.kids

Default Newborn cries by night, sleeps happily by day

This sounds like my third child, actually all of them to think of it. They
had their days and nights mixed up. Really, there is no solution except time
and making the daytime active and the night-time quiet and dark. During the
day, take a walk, have the radio on or TV. But, at night, turn the lights
off or down low, don't have any other stimuli going on in the background and
make feeding as boring as possible. It does pass, but it is frustrating in
the first few weeks. I did have to bring my third to bed with me at night to
get some sleep, but that only lasted a few weeks and then I was able to put
her in the bassinet.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

"Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward" wrote in message
oups.com...
My husband is on the end of his tether: tonight was his first baby
vigil night, after I had done the previous two nights. Our little girl
is an angel by day but something seems to trigger 2-hour long crying
fits by night and we're just stumped as to what might be causing it.
She's clean and fed and held in our arms and still won't stop. I
personally am dealing with it much better than her dad who is
devastated because it kills him to be so helpless with his beloved
princess. Any ideas?