Old May 11th 07, 04:21 AM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

Default Defense against Child Support Non-payment claims

On May 10, 3:02 pm, wrote:
==
Yes. NEVER EVER EVER pay child support directly to the custodial parent. It
will likely be viewed as a gift by the court and the payor will not receive
credit for
the payments. We lost $7000 by paying the CP directly per the divorce
decree.
She then denied ever receiving the money and even though we presented
receipts
to the court, the judge declared it a "gift" and assessed arrears.

As far as I know she has not denied receiving payments. However Child
Support Services says he owes the money. According to them, all they
need is some signed piece of paper saying she received the payments as
child support payments.

By the way, let him know his credit is probably already ruined thanks
to her too...
Have him check it out...They are NOT supposed to post this on his
credit unless
he does NOT contest it...however, as in my husband's case, the CSE
office
added to the credit report immediately...and even after going to a
judge, then they
won't even remove it...and the judge won't give you a piece of paper
saying
"you never owed it and it was a mistake"...NOPE, they'll give him a
paper saying
"it's paid in FULL"...Guess what that means???

Yep! The idiots at CSE will now put 50K of "arrears" collected by
them in
their garbage propaganda...because since the papers will just say PAID
IN FULL,
they will NOT take it back as it was never owed...so, good luck...Have
him check
his credit immediately...and have him record the idiot ex.