Old March 12th 07, 02:49 PM posted to misc.kids
toto

Default Shy teenager

On 11 Mar 2007 22:45:22 -0700, wrote:

Any ideas? Is he just shy and maybe I should give it more time? He's
starting high school next year and I want his experience with friends
to be good.

Thanks,
Dad661

Is this new? Did it begin after the divorce?

If it's not new and is just part of his temperament, I would not push
it. He may be one of those kids who really enjoys being alone and
independent. Does he have one or two close friends, but not like
larger groups? If so, he's probably just fine the way he is.

If this is new or he seems to have *no* friends at all, then you may
want to see if something has changed recently that brought this about.
Are his friends beginning to be interested in girls and dating while
he is less mature? Are his friends into sports and he feels he isn't
good at that? Is he self-confident about his own abilities? If not,
perhaps a martial arts class would help his confidence.

Good luck in sorting this out.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits