Old April 18th 07, 12:31 AM posted to misc.kids.health,alt.parenting.solutions,uk.people.parents,misc.health.alternative
R. Steve Walz

Default TV Turnoff Week: Escape the Fantasy

Custard Creme wrote:

April 23 - April 29 2007

The idea is simple: take your TV, your DVD player, your video iPod,
your XBOX 360, your laptop, your PSP, and say goodbye to them all for
seven days. Simple, but not at all easy. Like millions of others
before you, you'll be shocked at just how difficult - yet also how
life-changing - a week spent unplugged can really be.

It would be like living in the paleolithic, when we had to gather
food 18 hours a day or starve. It would be barely worth it. Even
if the food is free, and we don't have to work, so that we can lay
around and wonder what we're supposed to do, without anything else
decent to do that humans have invented, life would suck bad. So
YOU go do that, YOU go suck, and we'll keep right on looking and
playing.
Steve