Old March 31st 06, 11:54 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default Teachers do get assaulted

I don't think anyone who is opposed to paddling minors has said that
teachers don't get assaulted by students in high school, or that
paddling a student wouldn't provoke a "fight."

The problem is with the law in this country that allows students to be
paddled by teachers and school administrators. And that unfair law is
on the side of the teachers and the school administrators.

Work to change the law, and provide the same protection for individuals
under the age of 18 from physical assault that every legal adult in the
USA enjoys.

It's not a matter of whether paddling a high school student would
provoke a fight. Paddling a high school student is legal in many states
-- physical retaliation is assault. So, the student suffers twice.
Let's make things fair.

LaVonne

fistoffury wrote:
Somebody would have to be living in a vacuum to think that
teachers never get assaulted by students in highschool. We all hear
stories about that kind of stuff in the news or read about it in the
papers, or we might even know somebody who has direct experience with
it. So therefore, whats to say that in schools that paddle highschool
students, that the teachers wont get assaulted when they try to paddle
the students? If teachers do get assaulted, and we know very well that
they do, than common sense would say that if anything, a paddling would
provoke an assault against the paddling teacher. Much the same way that
shoving or hitting somebody would provoke a fight.