Old October 17th 03, 11:08 PM
just me

Default POLL: Math questions regarding upper elementary school (xpost to m.k.)

"David desJardins" wrote in message
Hillary Israeli writes:
-----|----------
3 | 4
5 | 6
7 | 2235789
8 | 0233569
10 | 0

This looks like a weird-ass way of making a graph! I guess I just don't
really see the point. That's ok.

The main point is to summarize all of the data in a way that makes it
possible to go back to the raw observations. So, if you wanted to
compute some other statistics on the distribution, or answer any other
questions about the data, the information is there for you to do so.

Whether this is something that most 4th or 6th graders would care about,
or would be useful to them, is another question.

So what are the usual applications in real life?

-Aula