Old July 10th 07, 06:57 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids
Tori M[_2_]

Default What the Research Says About Physical Punishment

It's just so sick. I can see Homer Simpson using that to terrorize the
kids, "Don't play in the road or you will DIE!!!! And mommy and daddy will
be DESTROYED!!!!! And it will be ALL YOUR FAULT!!! That is what you get
for not listening to mommy and daddy -- you get DEAD!!!!!" because he is too
thick to find a gentler, more effective way to communicate with the kids.

Yes and those must be the exact wording I use. Umm try more like in a
sad quiet voice filled with concern. "Bonnie please don't play by the
road because you could get hurt by a car."
Bonnie having seen the animals on the road, we live in rural wisconsin,
"I could get dead?"
Me still using the same sad voice "Yes and mommy and daddy would really
miss you."
The end

We remind her of it before she goes out and then if she does not listen
in the heat of play. I think overall it is quieter then me yelling at
her to get her butt out of the road.

Get the books I reference above. Really.

If I think of it when my husband goes back to work I will look into
it. He was laid off yesterday.

Go to the library and get them. Your kids should go, too.
Tori

Go to your bedroom and look around, that is the size of the public
library. I will check for it but I will not be surprised if their
parenting section is just Dobson. We went to the library last week when
we went to the post office. That's when I realized I never knew where
it was because it is so tiny.

Tori