Old November 13th 07, 11:59 PM posted to misc.kids
Sarah Vaughan

Default IQ and what it means in adulthood

Beliavsky wrote:

In particular, high-achieving females (HAFs) can attend good
universities and join companies where they can meet and marry high-
achieving men who stay in the work force and earn good money, thus
enabling the HAFs to be SAHMs, work part-time, or work at a low-paying
but fulfilling job. This seems like the predominant pattern for the
many high-IQ female regulars of this ng. I will want my daughter to
get a good education primarily for this reason, rather than the
possibility of her having a high-powered career (which is negatively
correlated with the probability of her having a large family).

If I have a daughter, I'll want her to get a good education so that she
has more choice in what *she* wants to do, regardless of whether that's
having a high-powered career or being a SAHM or spending some time on
both, or having a large family or a small one or no children. I'll want
her to do what she finds fulfilling, rather than what I might want. For
that, I've got my own life.

All the best,

Sarah
--
http://www.goodenoughmummy.typepad.com

"That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be" - P. C. Hodgell