Old April 25th 08, 04:20 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Suzanne at SuzCorner

Default baby in separate room from mother at night?

Ericka Kammerer wrote:
Suzanne at SuzCorner wrote:
Wow Ericka, I'm sorry to say you seem to have just proven your own
propensity to misread what somebody wrote! I was very careful to say
that *I* "PERSONALLY" would not know how to relate to a baby of "MINE"
if **I** could not breastfeed. That means that **I** wouldn't!

But this is a newsgroup full of pregnant women and parents.
Some statements are just too touchy to be said, especially those
that invite comparisons such as yours. If I said, "I don't know
how I could have bonded with my baby if I'd had drugs during labor"
I guarantee you that most perfectly normal people will see that
as a back-handed indictment of women who choose drugs. Folks who
hang around for a bit to get the lay of the land realize quite
quickly that these sorts of statements are quite volatile, even
when well intentioned. If you aren't interested in figuring
out how to have a conversation in this group without provoking
people, that's fine. It was just an attempt to explain why
you and Ed aren't receiving the warmest reception ever.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Really. Since I only said I breastfed my own children when they were
babies, and nothing about non-breastfeeding mothers, perhaps it is only
YOU who is too emotionally delicate. It's really not fair of you to lay
that trip on other people around here. If you prefer to surround
yourself with your own definition of ultra politically correct speech,
perhaps you can start your own moderated newsgroup. Suzanne.