Old May 13th 07, 03:16 PM posted to alt.child-support
Relayer

Default PA: Sperm doner MUST pay child support

On May 13, 12:01�am, "Bob Whiteside" wrote:
"Relayer" wrote in message

oups.com...

On May 12, 7:52?pm, "Bob Whiteside" wrote:

Regardless of all that crap-

"Kelly noted in his opinion that Frampton had held himself out as a
stepparent to the children by being present at the birth of one of
the
children, contributing "in excess of $13,000" over the last four
years, buying them toys and having borrowed money to obtain a vehicle
in which to transport the children. "

Since when does a step parent required to provide support? In
addition, why is this money given a show of support, when
999.9999999999999999999999% of the time, money given like that when it
is intended AS support but not earmarked as such upfront considered a
gift to child/parent by the court.

Because the courts have consistently ruled a gift to the child does not
apply against a CS obligation owed to the CP.

You may not have thought about this aspect of CS orders before, but this is
a most distressing portion of the CS issue. *If an obligor or obligee is
deceased a legal battle can ensue over who is the next in line to pay or
receive CS. *CS does not legally end when one of the parents die.
Subsequent spouses or heirs can be ordered to pay CS out of inheritances in
their names.- Hide quoted text -

In my case, after 15 years of CS and 5 kids, there aren't many scraps
left to fight over. However, when I die, I am sad to say I might be
forced to miss the "cage match" in which my two ex wives will
certainly be engaged. I can't decide what would be better, eternal
life in Heaven or eternity in Hell plus a ticket to the "event".