Old May 15th 07, 03:29 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

Default PA: Sperm doner MUST pay child support

On May 14, 1:08 pm, "Bob Whiteside" wrote:

First, only the obligor is required to carry life insurance to guarantee
their CS payments. It would seem to me that if the CP actually has an
obligation to provide their share of CS too, then they would also be
required to carry life insurance to guarantee their portion of CS.

Isn't this part of a due process and equal protection argument in how
child support is ordered in the first place.

I have never seen a Virginia Child Support Order mandate that a
custodial parent pay ONE DIME toward the support of a child - never.
As such, I'm placed into a category of being ordered to support a
child merely because I was named the non-custodial parent.

I'm off to Roanoke, Virginia today, folks. There is a U.S. District
Court hearing relating to a father suing the Prince William County
Circuit Court, which happens to be the jurisdiction all of my support
proceedings take place in. The hearing is obviously a Motion to
Dismiss by the Judges, etc. If it's not dismissed, I'm going to join
as a third-party plaintiff.

The hearing is a 1:30 this afternoon for any local parties who may
wish to attend.