Old August 7th 03, 07:19 AM
toypup

Default How do you feel about threads being cross-posted between m.k and alt.childfree.bridgebuilding?

"Naomi Pardue" wrote in message
We are not hermits who
revolve around our child, but I've grown up and my friends are still
scouting for guys. Why does growing apart from friends necessarily mean
that I don't have interests outside of my child?

So it sounds like the main difference between you and your old friends

isn't
that you have kids and they don't, but that you are married and they are
single.
Nothing to do with the absence or presence of children.
(And ... it's just me maybe, but I'd get bored pretty quickly with a group

of
friends who could find nothing more interesting to do/talk about than look
for/discuss cute guys...)

Well, now you see why we're growing apart. It was fun when we all had
raging hormones, but mine are tamed now. I just don't find that kind of
talk interesting.