Old May 19th 04, 09:24 PM
Mary W.

Default Membrane rupture question

Jill wrote:

It's strange to me that I had NO bleeding in my pregnancy at all and right
at almost 39 weeks I had an internal exam , which caused me to start
bleeding red right there in the office, bled for a whole night, and then the
next day my water broke with no contractions.

Could that have been a factor? I wonder if I would have been induced due to
ROM, if I had passed on the exam...

I think so. I had a similar experience- Had an internal at 39 weeks,
bloody show followed. ROM a couple of days later. I don't know if
they were related, but I suspect that they might be. This time, no internals
for me until labor starts. And hopefully that will happen when baby
is well positioned and without rupture of membranes.

Mary