Old December 22nd 06, 03:25 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

Default Mom says Ferret not dog bit off baby toes

Greegor wrote:
Cat got your tongue, Kane? Three empty posts?

Cat got yours? One posted cut and paste article with no comment?

Go figger, eh?

And here I was trying to add weight to your herculian efforts to post
something important.

Ah well, you'll not appreciate me until your last dying breath, Greg,
and then, then it will be too late.

Live long and prosper.

Kane

0:- wrote:
Greegor wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16312314/

Updated: 9:23 a.m. CT Dec 21, 2006
BENTON, La. - A woman jailed after four of her infant daughter's toes
were gnawed off says the family's pet ferret did it, not their pit
bull pup as police had said.

But her husband blames the dog, a city official said.

"The way the bite marks were on her foot, the ferret being out of its
cage, I knew it wasn't the dog," Mary Hansche told KTBS-TV on
Tuesday.

The month-old girl was injured Dec. 10 as Hansche, 22, and her husband,
Christopher Hansche, 26, slept; they woke up when they heard her
crying. The parents were jailed in lieu of $50,000 bond each, booked
with child desertion and criminal negligence.

The husband had blamed the dog and told police the ferret had been in
its cage all night, Bossier City spokesman Mark Natale said Wednesday.

The charges wouldn't change regardless of which pet was involved,
Natale said, because the baby "was injured by an animal while in the
custody of the parents." The girl has been released from the hospital
and is in state custody.

Attorney Pam Smart said she is waiting for results of a hair analysis
to back up the couple's statement that they were not using drugs,
calling the case a "very unfortunate accident."