Old August 30th 03, 02:38 AM
annafine

Default Baby Names

How did you pick out the name to give your baby?

Was the name picked out before you got pregnant, after you found out
you were pregnant, after you found out the baby's gender or after the
baby was born?

EDD #1 October 18, 2003...my husband and I had narrowed our list to
about 3 names each before we ever conceived our child. After the
first u/s we tried narrowing it even more, but then went to family and
friends for "votes" and opinions.

We had decided on baby names by the time of the second u/s which was
at about 18 weeks.

Our baby girl is going to be Akira Violet. However, if the u/s tech
is wrong and we end up with a boy, his name is going to be Adam
Benjamin.

Since both our names begin with the letter "A" we wanted our baby's
name to also. We chose middle names based on grandparents' first
names. Baby girl will have my Mom's Mom's first name as her middle
name. Baby boy will have my husband's Mom's Dad's first name as his
middle name.

The way we came up with Akira...it is the most common MALE name in
Japan (according to my DH) and he wanted it for a boy...EVERYONE we
know thought it was a nice name, but thought it to be "a girl's name"
so we decided to use it for our daughter.