Old June 13th 07, 09:33 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Default Baby names and NO idea

"sharalyns" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 13, 10:48 am, "Jamie Clark" wrote:
"NL" wrote in message

sharalyns wrote:

My question is "Why 'S'?" As someone who grew up in a family of all
'S' names (including the pets), let me tell you, it was *highly*
annoying. I've sworn off giving any names to future children that are
duplicates of any current family members (so for next baby, A, G, J,
and S are completely out). Anyway, I just thought I 'd throw that out
there in case you hadn't thought of it. :-)

I grew up with a sibling who had the same first initial as I did, and it
never bothered me. His name is Jay. Both mom and dad had different
first
initials, and pets as well. So it was just a kid thing, and honestly, it
makes me smile and feels like a bonding thing. Jay and Jamie. I
actually
have an older sister that I met later on, and her name starts with an L.

Yeah, I think it was because the *whole* family was 'S' (plus pets).

Stephen
Shannon
Sharalyn
Scott
Seth
Stephanie
(and if there had been more, Spencer and Stacia)

Then you throw in the animals:
Spunky
Sugar
Sassy
Sylvester
Sandi
Smudgkin
Strawberry
Sugarbutton
Shoely
Smidgen
Sammy
Simonetta
and of course our plecostomus: Sucktoria

It got old *very* quickly despite my parents love for this....All
three kids still living have sworn we will not do this to our
children. :-) And we're pretty close for the most part.

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James

Oh lord. I can see why you would all put a moritorium on names with the
same initials in your family. I'm sure your sibs would give you ultimate
grief from here to eternity if you named your next child Alice or Adam. : )
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest