Old January 2nd 05, 06:00 AM
Larry McMahan

Todd,

You know that as much as I support many of the same positions that you
do, that I have to agree with anyone4tea that you are doing yourself a
disservice by mounting what appears to be a vehement attack on someone
who, in general, agrees with you by taking issue with a single detail in
a post that otherwise supports your position.

If it wasn't an vehement attack, you need to proofread your post to see
HOW they will be perceived. If you correctly assessed the situation that
she had agreed with you 90% and you wanted to take issue with the 10%
where she did not, you need to revisit both your strategy and tactics. It
is better to get a 100 people from 10% agreement to 60% agreement that
to **** off someone who is already at 90% if you want to change the
world for the better.

What you said was unnecessarily hostile, ignored her points of agreement
with you, was easily perceived as a personal ad-holmium attack, and
risked losing whatever good will you had with her. This is not the style of
communication that will win the hearts and minds of others, especially their
hearts. :-)

These words are written in kindness in an attempt to help you communicate
your important message more effectively.

Do with them what you will.
Larry

"anyone4tea" wrote in message
ups.com...
That's fine, Todd, I don't mind disagreements... when they are about
trivial things.

Online communication is a blessing... but a curse when communication is
misconstrued.

Todd, you have some excellent opinions and many of us applaud your
efforts to raise awareness of the issues with which you are concerned.
Sarah agrees with you. If you have agreement with others, you may not
wish to turn them off supporting your cause, or you, by going after
them after miscommunication.

Take a chill pill