Old June 7th 07, 06:01 PM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

Default Survey: best name for a newborn baby boy?

enigma wrote:
Jeff wrote in

It is also unkind to spam. That is what the OP is doing. He
doesn't care about popular names. He cares about getting
money.

unless he's the owner of pollspace, which i sincerely doubt,
he's not getting any money for people looking at or clicking
on his poll. therefore, it is not spamming.

The site has advertising from Google. So he may be getting royalties
from that or a cut that the site gets. Plus, he is essentially
advertising for the site.

I have seen his spam on other newsgroups.

i don't like spam any more than you do (& probably less,
since i was a sys admin at an ISP), but you really need to get
a grip sometimes Jeff why don't you get a real newsreader,
with real filters, & save yourself some aggrivation?
lee

I worked for an ISP, too (I was a release engineer). The spam cut into
the company's profits, because they need a few engineers to deal with
the problem, more servers to handle the load, etc. That indirectly
lowered the value of my options because the company had lower profits to
report.

As already pointed out, newsreaders only filter out things after you've
seen similar things.

But the way, I am not very aggravated at the spammers. They're mostly
trying to make a living. But not at my expense.

Jeff