Old October 18th 04, 07:57 PM
Elle

Irrational Number wrote in message ink.net...
Does a severe craving for salt mean that I
am missing some nutrients? In the way
that some people who have to chew on ice may
be deficient in iron... I've been very,
very nauseous these past few days and have
had the most horrible craving for salty,
spicy things. I'm usually such a low-sodium
person, it's freaking me out. Today, I've
had THREE pastrami sandwiches. The last
pastrami sandwich I had, I think, was over
five years ago!

-- Anita --

Mmm I also love the salt! When my nausea was really bad I lived on
proscuitto and melon (yes I know it's a deli meat but it is so
delicious.)

There must be some connection between the salt & the nausea, many
women get the craving.

Elle