Old January 28th 09, 03:05 AM posted to misc.kids
Anne Rogers

Default Pocket money

I can see that either could raise resentment. Or neither. Which do you think
is fairer, or have you an alternative (not giving pocket money at all
doesn't count!!!)

Life isn't fair, so why try and make it fair, the adding things up over
the school career thing is going to come out uneven for so many things,
why even try to add it up? Eg, my sister is almost 2 years younger than
me, I don't think we even went on holiday before she was born, so we
both took the same holidays with our parents, including going skiing for
the first time aged 13 and 11. After I went to university, she went on
several more holidays with them, including skiing holidays - am I
complaining, no, did she go on more skiing holidays, yes! I suspect we
started getting pocket money at the same time, naturally she got it for
appoximately two years longer - that's life, stop counting and teach
kids some real life lessons.

Cheers
Anne