Old May 12th 07, 11:01 PM posted to alt.support.childfree,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions
Marten Kemp

Default Are your children behaving badly?

R. Steve Walz wrote:
Marten Kemp wrote:
R. Steve Walz wrote:
Marten Kemp wrote:
R. Steve Walz wrote:
Kane wrote:
On May 8, 9:30 am, "R. Steve Walz" wrote:
h wrote:
"R. Steve Walz" wrote in news:463E7860.15B5
@armory.com:
Any animal which kills defenseless humans in the open should be
eradicated from the earth and otherwise survive only in zoos.
The animal was already in captivity, and the "defenseless" human children
invaded its enclosure and were tormenting it. Sounds like a perfectly
reasonable and foreseeable outcome.
--------------
Oh, I don't give a **** about the croc and the kids, but you don't
kill kids for torturing animals, and you kill animals who attempt to
kill kids. People are simply more valuable than animals.
And if you actually read the whole thread you'd grasp how we got here
from there.
Steve
Don't you support the concept of evolution according to Darwin, Steve?
Looks like a Darwin Award incident to me.
Sure, the kids were stupid, that's what kids are, stupid
It doesn't mean we shouldn't make OUR world safe for kids!
Does that mean we should make the world safe for the stupid?
Face it, both kids and the stupid have almost infinite
cunning when it comes to Darwinizing themselves and trying
to protect them from the world is an exercise in frustration
and futility.
This sort of misunderstanding of Darwin is the root of your kind of
social "Darwinism", and actually it's unrelated to anything he wrote.

{snippage}
Think of it as evolution in action. Every incidence of
self-Darwinization removes a little more stupidity from
the gene pool.
That's just it, that's not the way that Evolution works!

{more snippage}
To the extent that there's a genetic component of
intelligence, someone stupidly removing themselves
from the gene pool increases the average intelligence.

But now, unfortunately for your argument, Evolutionary survival has
a lot more to do with group cooperative functional facility, and not
at all with intelligence or anything any individual does

{snippage}
Yeah, it's not a competition among the members of the
population, but Darwinizing oneself shows a marked
unfitness for the ecological niche.

No, in fact, such sacrificial outliers which mortalize can strongly
benefit a socially mnemonic group by their contribution to group
knowledge, effectively INCREASING group survivability!

{snippage}
"Socially mnemonic group?" What the hell is that?
I think you're saying that the survival prospects of the
group are enhanced by the negative examples of the stupid
removing themselves from the gene pool for the edification
and amusement of the rest. This is true, as is the fact
that the stupid or unthinking don't pay attention to the
negative examples and go on to Darwinize themselves in the
same way.

--
-- Marten Kemp
(Fix name and ISP to reply)

I can't do that, Peter. I have several old texts in my office (bound
with animal skin, and inked with blood), and every time I attempt to
chant any sort of Latin[0] the walls begin to bleed, and my Arrowhead
Mountain Spring Water bottle tells me it's going to kill me with my
flathead screwdriver. -- Stephen S. Edwards II
(from http://home.xnet.com/~raven/Sysadmin/ASR.Quotes.html)