Old April 5th 04, 03:24 AM
JennP

Default Latching AFTER Pacifier Use

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
news:%RZbc.179438$1p.2135375@attbi_s54...
So, it seems Morgan isn't sucking as hard as she was prior to the pacifier
being introduced. What can I do specifically to get her to suck harder?

Carol Ann, if you think the paci is effecting her latch *at all* ditch it
for a little bit more. I know you said she seems to need to comfort suck, if
your nipples aren't too sore, let her stay latched on and just comfort suck.
It can only help to boost and establish your supply. Also, offer her a clean
pinkie finger to suck on. I'd try the pacifier again in a couple of weeks.
HTH
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00