Old February 6th 04, 07:24 PM
Irrational Number

Default upset at nanny -- vent

Hello ladies, I'm unlurking to vent about my nanny.

I got the stomach flu Monday night, so I stayed home
Tuesday and Wednesday. So, in one of our casual
conversations, the nanny told me that when she's
taking a snack break, Pillbug mouthes so excitedly
that she GIVES HIM A BIT OF WHEAT BREAD!

I almost fell off the sofa when I heard that! Here
I am, giving every new food 4 days to check for
allergies, making everything myself (pureeing and
freezing in little 4-oz. bowls), putting everything
in the order she's supposed to use them, and she just
upsets the whole applecart by giving him something that
contains (1) wheat and (2) dairy and (3) chemicals.
But that doesn't matter. I DID NOT tell her to give
him bread, so she should not give him bread.

She was completely bewildered. She's so simple sometimes.
I was trying to explain allergies (I'm allergic, family
history of allergies, plus a DOCUMENTED -- while she's
been in my employ -- sensitivity to dairy causing eczema
in Pillbug), so DO NOT give him wheat. She's like, uh,
wheat bread is so basic. Besides, what chemicals are
in that anyway? She said she's never ever read
ingredient lists.

But, that's all beside the point! I just can't believe
she snuck wheat to my little boy. So far, thank goodness,
he hasn't shown any sensitivity. But, I told her she is
never to do this again.

She's a great nanny, otherwise. I've never found cause
for dissatisfaction before, but this just got me fuming!
It's all settled now, but I need time to get over it.

-- Anita --
Pillbug's almost 8 months!