Old February 6th 04, 11:22 PM
Nina

Default upset at nanny -- vent

"Irrational Number" wrote in message
Phoebe & Allyson wrote:

Irrational Number wrote:
I couldn't print anything for
her, since she only knows Chinese.

IKWYM. Not-MIL sort of gets that I'm not eating wheat (because

Caterpillar is
allergic), but doesn't *really* get it. So rice noodles with wheat

(clearly
listed in both Chinese and English) as an ingredient are ok in her mind,

because
they're still "mi-fen." Whereas linguine-style rice noodles shouldn't

be ok
(and it confuses her when I eat them), because they fall within the

category of
"noodle" and not within the category of "mi-fen." I don't have the

heart to try
to explain the difference between soy sauce with wheat and soy sauce

with no
wheat, but Caterpillar doesn't seem to mind.

The previous generation doesn't understand stuff
like this. FIL asked, what do I use on my bread if
I don't use butter (I never used butter, even before
this dairy avoidance thing). When I responded that
I don't use anything, he basically didn't register
and asked me again.

my ex MIL couldnt be convinced that there was no need to give
the baby juice or water in the heat of the summer
thats why i try to not get angry at them personally
often they mean to do no harm