Old January 9th 04, 04:25 AM
toto

Default How to make kid go to school happily

On 8 Jan 2004 15:56:43 -0800, (Yong Huang) wrote:

My 3 and half year old daughter never likes to go to the neighborhood
Montessori school. She'd rather play alone at home. She makes friends
fine with the kids on our street but seems to have trouble doing that
in school. Any advice is appreciated.

Yong Huang

At 3 1/2, she may still have some separation issues that she needs to
work out. You may want to ask the teachers how she behaves at school
and if she seems to be enjoying the class or not.

As Nan said, try to connect with parents of her classmates and make
some playdates. For a child who likes to be alone a lot, it helps to
have friends come to a familiar location. And she will see the same
special friend at school and feel better about going. My dd always
went to schools where her neighborhood friends went too. That way
we could carpool and she already knew the children at school.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits