Old August 11th 06, 06:44 PM posted to misc.kids
LaTreen Washington

Default Prime example of why I hate other parents...

Nan has her intimate dinners at the KFC buffet.

Caledonia wrote:

Nan wrote:

On 10 Aug 2006 14:24:38 -0700, "L." wrote:

Knit Chic wrote:

There are all kinds of disruptions in the world ... a lot of people need to
get over themselves.
My daughter has a disability and not a disability that everyone can see. If
she has issues in a public area, I will remove her from that public area if
it benefits her. I'm not going to remove her from an area that she is
legally permitted to be in for any other reason, even if that means she is
"disrupting" someone else.

Well, then you're a selfish bitch. And if your kid continued to
disrupt my intimate dinner, you'd be removed from the restaurant.

-L.

You have intimate dinners at a Friendly's type restaurant? That's
pitiful.

Er -- I think for some folks, Denny's is a Big Deal -- I realize I'm
wading into deep water here, but truly, I feel that a public space is a
public space. (Okay, I'm thinking of my parents, who could only afford,
post-retirement, a dinner out at Denny's once in a blue moon. For them,
it was an intimate dinner -- which says something about wages in the US
that's pitiful, but hey, such is life) Sure, whenever you sit in the
playplace part of McD's there's an expectation of what you'll get (then
again, fast food is typically pretty expensive, on the whole), but at a
sit-down restaurant, it's a public space and for me, the unspoken rules
(aka, 'think of it from the other guy's perspective') apply. It's the
same thing as not letting kids run around WalMart, nor letting them run
around Bloomingdales, or Saks. It's all the same, really. Or expecting
reasonable behavior, whether seated in the first class or coach
sections. Whether it's an inexpensive venue for you isn't comparable to
whether it's a casual/inexpensive venue for the other customers.

Caledonia