Old November 30th 06, 04:39 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated
Rosalie B.

Default which is easier - 1 kid or 2

Big Crunch wrote:

I never had kids. I assumed that 1 kid would be a lot easier than 2,
but my sister told me that 2 can be easier since the kids can play
with each other giving the adults a break. It seems that with 1 there
would be less for the adults to keep track of, less multitasking. I
can imagine 2 kids running in opposite directions.

So which is generally easier?

In every family (except in the case of twins) where there are two
children, there was at one time only one child. If there is only one
child in the family, if another child hasn't died, then there has only
been one child in the family. So the only people who can answer this
question are people with two or more children.

The answer is - it depends.

If the two children are twins, they may indeed run in opposite
directions. But if they are sequential children, usually they are not
simultaneously of an age to run in opposite directions. Either one of
them is too little to run (maybe not even crawling yet), or the other
one is old enough not to do that.

So it depends on the kids (how far apart in age they are, what
temperament they are), and the parents (temperament). I found that
two was very little more trouble than one, but that three was much
more trouble than two, but others have different experiences.