Old June 2nd 05, 06:07 PM
Don

"dragonlady" wrote
Why is it you think the city "owes" you a paved road in front of your
house?

Where did I ever claim that?
The street was already here when we built our home 3 years ago but it was
full of potholes, trash was everywhere and the paving was very thin as it
was installed in the early 60's. No one else lives on this street. I cleaned
up the trash, filled the potholes and then repaved the whole street. Street
maintenance is paid for with property tax, which we paid.

Aren't you the person that claimed to pay property tax through your rent?
If so, then its no wonder all of this is difficult for you to understand.

And where is the limit to that?

Ask the politicians, as they are the people that make the rules.
Unfortunately they are also the people that don't obey the rules.

Someone has to make decisions about how the limited $$ gets spent; it
makes more sense to me that the people we elect makes these decisions --
not individuals.

So, if they collect money to pave the road and then don't do it, then what?
I doubt that you would be so gratuitous if you actually paid property tax.