Old November 7th 06, 01:49 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

Default Undercover In High School

'Kate wrote:
On 6 Nov 2006 18:17:59 -0800, "Bev" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

'Kate wrote:
On 6 Nov 2006 15:05:48 -0800, "Bev" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

I hear about more deaths of our teens, at least here in this State,
caused by alcohol. I have never heard of someone dying from over
intoxication of pot.......

Yeah, but you never know what lung cancer rates will look like in 20-30
years. That 8hit ain't filtered (bongs excepted).

Yeah, but there are more and more cases of lung cancer surfacing in
people that never smoked so much as a ham ! smirk

There are several types of lung cancer and many causes.
And yes, people who have never smoked can get lung cancer.
However, the incidence rate for smokers is higher than nonsmokers (of
anything).

So yes the long term effects of pot smoking could lead to lung cancer
you are right.

Speaking of bongs, I think I was the plant that night ...yowzaaa!

Pot does lower inhibitions.

Oh yes and how embarassing that can be !

People who are high act stupid.

at least they have a good reason for it....what about the stupid people
that arent high? g

Some stare at plants.

or as I said up there ^ ......are the plants! roflol!

Others have "pipe dreams". Paranoia. Munchies. and when they
try to quit, if they've been smoking often, they will get insomnia and
can become aggressive/angry.

seriously ......yes I know there are the down falls of being a stoner

Also the driving accidents that are killing
our kids are alcohol related.

It's DUI... doesn't mean alcohol.. anything that alters
reality/perception is worthy of a DUI.

Oh I know this ! What I see tho is that the front page stories of our
teens dying in car wrecks, it is found that 99.9 percent of the time
Alcohol is most definately involved in both driver and occupants levels
being well over the legal limit for legal users of alcohol. So here we
have our children consuming this stuff and getting in cars! Where as
other substances are not mentioned as a contributor to the accident. I
dont think there are as many stoners getting killed in car wrecks as
there are alcohol consumers.......

How would anyone know? Alcohol abuse is the one we hear about the most
because of organizations like MADD. Alcohol is the first suspected
substance when an accident happens... you can smell it on the person,
there are cans or bottles, it's the one that is tested for by
breathalyzer. It takes a urine test to prove pot was a factor and if a
suspect tests positive, it doesn't mean that the person was smoking that
day. It could have been smoked at any time within 9 weeks of the test
(if the person uses daily). Because of the slow rate of "getting clean",
it's easy for a lawyer to get a user off because the test cannot show
that the person was impaired at that particular time. Alcohol, however,
has a definite rate of absorption and... disabsorption? We know that it
takes a shorter time for alcohol levels to drop.

Accurate info .....my point is/was that the news stories are not saying
pot was a factor or coke was a factor etc in the accident, they can
tell by toxicology exams that there may have been "levels" of other
drugs and will report it but not too often do we hear those levels were
a contributing factor in the cause for the accident . Alcohol on the
other hand is more often noted as a factor .

Pot = illegal = munchies....good treatment for "wasting syndrome"
Alcohol = legal = death

hello !

Oh and if I lost brain cells in all of that I'm not noticing them
missing lol! Matter of fact I'm pretty telligent ! ;-)

yes, you are!

Confucius say ......maybe it was the pot! ....... J/K of course :-)

Bev

Ah.... what? :-)

'K

Ah...you heard me er read me...lol!